Sunday, November 11, 2012

Yo! Bong may you be GRIN-ing right now in wherever DEPARTMENT you are.

Share it Please
I first heard the band named "Grin Department" when I think I was in grade four. During that time I'm really not interested with whatever they are doing because it's my kuya's music [my brother is a well-known hardcore metal rock aficionado] that's why I didn't dare searching or learning anything about them but things changed when I heard my Kuya playing it on the car while we're having a trip.

While quietly staring outside by the window I suddenly hear the song playing with the lyrics goes on like this,

"Friends lang tayo-oh! Friends lang tayo~ Di matatanggap na friend mo lang ako~"


And just by hearing that line it suddenly tickle my curiosity and that's the time I realized that the Grin Department I ignored before back when I'm still on grade four is suddenly capturing my attention. I never imagined that by just hearing one of their songs the effect of it will force me to hear their other songs and I began searching and finding more about them.

I'm really an OPM fanatic since then cause I always believe that Pinoy music is way more relatable and meaningful compared to other songs since it was composed and written by my fellow Filipinos. I'm not saying that foreign songs are shallow or some sorts maybe I just want to revive the OPM vibe nowadays cause it is very visible that most of listeners prefer listening to foreign artists first before the pinoy ones. Perhaps we could also blame it to the kind of the music the PInoy artists' produces. To be honest, I prefer the 90s band and songs. I know Truefaith, PAN, Dong Abay, Yano, Siakol, the legendary Eraserheads, the not crappy yet Rivermaya [sorry to all rivermaya fans out there but eversince Bamboo and Rico left the band I find them uninteresting], the Dawn, Grin Department and the likes.

So to speak, hearing the death of Bong Pascasio, whom I started admiring not-so-long-ago because of the humorous/truthful/catchy songs he sang and wrote, is truly saddening and heartbreaking to a newly developed Grin Department fan like me. I really hope that wherever part of the world or sky he may be he will still continue singing out his kalye-like songs making people realize that, "Hey! I guess I wasn't the only person who wanted to curse or love [or whatever you wanted to do] that person who ruins or makes me happy."

So Rock on Sir Bong! *Salutes* You've been fighting for a long time now and I think you deserve that rest.

Rest In Peace Sir Bong Pascasio! I bet you're GRIN-ing right now as you're looking to this kinda rush DEPARTMENT I reserved for you.



lemme let you guys listen to my Top three favey Grin Department songs


#3 on my list Miss Miss sa Loob ng Jeepney


#2 is Iskin



#1 and where my Grin Department crazed started is Friends Lang Tayo





allystuffandetc

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My Photo
Ally D
An ordinary girl living in an extraordinarily crazy world. A Peacemaker. A Love Advocate. An Art Lover And Generally UNCLASSIFIABLE
View my complete profile